As autumn winds down and you’ve finished harvesting your Arbequina olive tree, you may find yourself wondering what to do with all those extra olives. Look no further: this seasonal, savory, no-flip omelet is hearty enough for any meal, not just breakfast! Pair it with some toasted Italian bread for an added texture.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ c. fresh broccoli florets
- ¼ c. 2% milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ c. grated Romano cheese
- ⅓ c. sliced and pitted Arbequina olives
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Shaved Romano cheese and minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Use an InstaPot or air fryer to steam your broccoli florets until crisp-tender. If you don’t have one of these appliances, you can also steam in the microwave or the broiler of your stove.
- While the broccoli steams, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the broccoli, grated Romano, and olives.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once the oil runs easily, pour in the egg mixture.
- Leave on medium heat and cook uncovered for 4-6 minutes or until the eggs are almost set. While eggs are cooking, preheat your broiler.
- Place the skillet in the broiler about 3-4 inches away from the heat and broil for an additional 2-4 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with shaved Romano and parsley, cut into wedges, and serve!