Pro Tip: Plants need to be repotted every 12-18 months depending on their rate of growth. During the spring or growing season, is the best time to re-pot your houseplants!
Signs it’s time to REPOT:
- Roots are growing out of the bottom of the pot
- plant is growing slower than normal
- Plant is top heavy, or leaning towards one side.
- plant dries out more quickly with frequent watering
- salt and mineral build up on the pot
How to Repot:
- Remove plant from the old pot – turn your plant sideways and hold it CAREFULLY by the stems or leaves and pull the plant out.
- Loosen Roots- Be careful when you do this, as your plant may go into shock.
- Remove old potting mix- take out about one third of the of soil and add fresh soil.
- Add the plant back in– make sure there is soil at the bottom of the plant.
- Water and enjoy! ( a freshly repotted plant with new soil does not need fertilizing)